Forum » Main » Human / Animal Rights » Animals outside

Animals outside

• Agreed

James
      April 4, 2017 5:04 AM PDT
  • mainly, people should not rare pets of they can't take care of it. They are just risking the lives of innocent pets. Those who rare, should take care of them.
      July 5, 2016 4:49 AM PDT
  • I think the issue here is leaving a dog on a balcony. 
      July 5, 2016 1:17 AM PDT
  • Definitely messed up if someone just leaves their pet outside and forgets about them. That is like borderline torture for the animal. Why even own a pet if you know you cannot take care of it?
      June 18, 2016 7:19 PM PDT
  • It depends on the breed. To a thick haired breed dog, even a small one, 38 degrees is like 50 to them. They are built to handle colder weather. Some dogs aren't though. I think the issue here is leaving a dog on a balcony. That is the part that seems most inhumane. Dogs and cats can handle cold a lot better than heat. I agree with you, if you don't want an animal in your house, don't own a pet.
      June 7, 2016 2:12 PM PDT
  • I live in a high rise condo and recently heard a small dog barking on one of the balconies above me at 4am with an outside temperature of 38 degrees.  This is disgusting to me that people would still leave dogs or cats outside in the cold or heat.  Please - stop doing this!  It is incredibly inhumane.  Do not have a pet if you don't want it in the house with you!

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_releases/2010/12/keep_pets_inside_winter_122110.html

James
      February 5, 2016 5:59 AM PST