Forum » Main » Medical / Pharmaceutical » pharmaceutical Industry.?

pharmaceutical Industry.?

• What is the value of that profession and future of the profession.

Do medical writers do Quality Assurance type of work for medicine or any other things in pharmaceutical company.
      April 6, 2018 7:47 AM PDT
  • I live in USA for 25 years. It is a Third World country that is deep in debt and is acting as a first world. It's pharmaceutical industry is extremely greedy and corrupt and its government as well, is corrupt to the bone, big time. Its services are unintelligent and are failing. The best way is - LEAVE it A.S.A.P. Move to a normal country. I'm trying, too! I'm stuck here so far!
      April 6, 2018 7:49 AM PDT
  • I have been a medical writer for the pharmaceutical industry since obtaining my first medical writing job with Wellcome in 1995. I was a postdoctoral scientist no previous experience of writing for the pharmaceutical industry and during the interview my scientific knowledge and problem solving abilities were examined in more depth than my medical writing.
  • If you are in the process of applying for your first medical writing post, please do not be discouraged by the requirement of "suitable experience." From my own understanding, there are not enough people to fill all the posts being advertised and like most chosen career paths, to make your aspiration a reality, some forward planning and extra effort will pay enormous dividends.