Forum » Main » Religions » What are your thoughts on Hinduism?

What are your thoughts on Hinduism?

I don't really hear from a lot of them, because they're mostly concentrated in India. So there's almost no reason for me to talk about Hinduism. The only time I ever have was commenting on a three-to-four way Holy War in some parts of it, but this was circa 2009 and making a point to a coworker who claimed "don't you know innocent Christians are being murdered in India?" The counterpoint is looking at everyone else getting killed and saying "so's everyone else. What's your point?"
      April 6, 2018 6:18 AM PDT
  • Karma is the biggest form of Eastern (hate to use that word) superstition believed in the west. Its just a knee-jerk reaction. "Something bad will happen to the guy who did X to me" is a comforting thought..... however messed up that is.
    I have never met a Hindu who actually believes in Hindu gods. They are good stories to them. I know they exist, I just have never met them.
  • Oh there are plenty alright. Hinduism also dwells on a lot of vague concepts like "spiritual well-being" and "All things are God" and "everyone is spiritual"... some sects only use the Gods to make a point but others believe a literal elephant God they can talk to.
      April 6, 2018 6:19 AM PDT
    I simply haven't met those people. It is hard to argue against people I have never met. It is hard to warn against the harm of people that don't harm me.
      April 6, 2018 6:19 AM PDT